Frugal Online Shopping Tips
It’s nothing new, but online shopping is one of the best places to shop and there are deals waiting to be had if you know when and where to look. Frugal online shopping is becoming more and more popular. Even though most people think the best time to shop online is during certain times of the year such as Holidays, and Cyber Monday there is a ton of money to save online all year long with these frugal online shopping tips.
Here are some frugal online shopping tips to make sure you snag the best deals out there:
- Always Compare Prices – Don’t assume that the price you find something for is the cheapest you can get it. The beauty of shopping online is you have an easier time comparing prices.
- First Online Shopping Sites – One of your first stops for a particular item should be eBay or Amazon. Both sites usually have just about anything you are looking for at (usually) lower prices than retail. My motto is: “If you can’t find it on Amazon, most likely you won’t find it online” Amazon is one of my favorite online shopping sites, plus 2 day shipping with my Prime Membership it definitely pays for itself throughout the year.
- Look for Coupons – Look for coupons for your favorite stores online. You can simply Google “(Store name) coupons” to find codes to use. Never shop before first checking to see if there is a coupon available. Bookmark this link to Savings.com and access all the retailers coupons in one place. Check to see if the coupons codes are stackable. Retailers often have two coupons codes that will work together to maximize your savings.
- Sign up for Newsletters from your Favorite Stores – You will get exclusive, web-only deals sent right to your inbox as they become available. Plus, sign up for Simplee Thrifty’s newsletter and never miss out on a deal or pay retail again. A roundup of deals will be delivered directly to your inbox one time a day.
- Consider the Cost of Shipping when Shopping Online – Since shipping costs can add up and make the total more than if you were to go to the brick and mortor store sometimes, be aware of what your total will be before you checkout. This is the number #1 reason why I choose my Amazon Prime Membership, it pays for itself throughout the year.
- Cash in on Rewards – Some credit cards partner with certain online retailers to offer discounts and rewards bonuses when you shop there. Even if you don’t have a credit or debit card, check out Paypal’s deals and special offers section for savings at partnered retailers just for using Paypal to purchase.
- Store Reward Programs –
- Create Wish Lists – Create accounts and add items to a wish list if the store offers this. That way, you can keep an eye on these items when they do go on sale and make sure to take advantage of the best price ever.
Saving the best for last! My favorite way to save and shop online is with the Shop Your Ways Rewards Program! Check out all the benefits here! They send out FREE money too 🙂
Don’t forget to get social and save – Simply following your favorite stores and brands on social media like Facebook and twitter can reveal great, fan-only deals and coupons that you can use.
You can always check out the frugal online shopping deals we have found for you along with other great saving tools!
What thrifty tips do you have to save money? Be featured in our next month’s buying guide?
Sign up for Simplee Thrifty’s Newsletter and get the best deals everyday all year long!! Sign Up Here!